New malware has increased from an estimated six million new pieces of malware in 2007 to an estimated 17.8 million in 2011 – a 300% increase. Advanced Persistent Threat attacks and social engineering pose new risks to the enterprise. Attacks are no longer anonymous in nature – your users are being targeted specifically to garner access to your corporate intellectual property.
We have all heard the phrase, “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” This is especially relevant when discussing Information Security where even a small breach can cause consequences and ongoing repercussions, including lost revenues, damaged brand image, and civil penalties. Just like going to the Doctor for a check-up, it is vital to continually tune the security of your corporate ecosystem for optimum performance and security effectiveness. This is what our Managed Security Assessment enables.
Critical Assets’ Managed Security Assessment is a program that provides quarterly security testing of your networks and applIcations, by real security engineers, not just scanners. Some of the benefits of the MSA include:
- Regularly scheduled security posture assessments of your environment.
- A better understanding of your security infrastructure
- Visibility into the vulnerabilities in your current applications and networks.
- A way to vet new applications and networks before putting them into a production environment.
- Access to expert security and industry professionals on an ad-hoc basis.
- Charting of the improvement in security over time.
- Unbiased, third-party assessments that can be used to communicate strategy to other senior executives.The basic managed security assessment program includes quarterly testing of four Class C networks and one web application. Enrollment in the managed penetration testing service will enable you to:
- See the results from testing in real-time, as tests complete.
- Chart progress over the course of each fiscal quarter, iteratively measuring and improving your security posture.
- Add networks and applications, or change scope at the click of a button.
- Access your dedicated security engineer for expert support on identified vulnerabilities, remediation techniques,